Wednesday, July 6, 2016

[FireStick] Performance Testing and Modifications

WHEEEW!!!

This firestick just got a speed boost!!!

OK after about 20 hours straight, I have finally completely disabled the stock Amazon Home menu and kept the settings in tact from the stock launcher.

Here is a screenshot of Kodi, before RAM Available was around 80-90MB. It now boots at around 236MB+ free and settles around 200MB.

I have also updated all the scripting so you can mirror these results. The scripts are shell and can be run directly on the stick with SU permissions

All scripting and tools available at https://github.com/esc0rtd3w/firestick-loader 

Bloat Disable Shell Script Used: https://github.com/esc0rtd3w/firestick-loader/blob/master/scripts/debloat/bloat-disable.sh

2 comments:

  1. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors Kodi Firestick Install

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post. I just unearthed your online journal and needed to say that I have truly delighted in perusing your blog entries. Any way I'll be subscribing to your food and I trust you post again soon. Huge much obliged for the valuable data. how to download kodi

    ReplyDelete